Ultimate West Palm Beach Girls Weekend
West Palm Beach is sitting pretty just 70 miles north of Miami and beckoning with tropical breezes and tropical cocktails…what more could you want? How about about a list of the best things to do for a West Palm Beach girls weekend!
Living in beautiful West Palm Beach, I’ve played host for many friends, so I’ve compiled a list of their favorite places to EAT, RELAX, SHOP and EXPLORE. These are the places we end up again and again and again.
Note: A few of my favorites are on the island of Palm Beach which is a short 5 minute Uber ride from Downtown. Palm Beach is posh. West Palm Beach is hip. That’s the simple difference.
Ultimate West Palm Beach Girls Weekend
Favorite EATS in Downtown West Palm Beach
• The Blind Monk – Top 25 Wine Bar in the United States with the most delicious small plates.
• Hullabaloo – Best outdoor dining and a serious craft cocktail menu
• Kapow – We say Kapow WOW, and you will too at this fun Asian fusion restaurant
• Salento Coffee – Experience Tinto coffee with pandebono. Trust me on this one.
• Spruzzo – best rooftop bar in town with gorgeous water views.
• High Dive – Craving seafood? Head to High Dive.
• Restoration Hardware – You’ll love the rooftop restaurant for brunch, lunch or just a drink.
• Sassafras – if you’re looking for a drag brunch, this is the place!
• West Palm Beach Greenmarket – Saturdays, 9:00 – 1:00, October thru April
Favorite EATS Nearby
• Buccan – Owned by a 5x James Beard nominee…make reservations now!
• Grato – Italian, small plates, housemate pasta, great vibe, trendy historic neighborhood…need I say more?
• Grandview Public Market – Great place to hang out
• Nomad – it’s a gorgeous design store and wine bar in one, and it’s a must expereince! Don’t let the strip shopping center location food you.
With so many delicious decisions, why don’t you kick-off your girls weekend with a West Palm Beach Food Tour and experience 6 restaurants in 1 day. Food – Drinks – Street Art – Culture – History – FUN! And, at the end of the day, you’ll have a long list of restaurants, coffee shops, wine bars and pastry shops you’ll want to enjoy during your stay. Yes, absolutely the best way to experience West Palm Beach.
The Breakers Spa
The Breakers is on Palm Beach, and if you want to be pampered and are willing to splurge, there’s no better place!
$36 for a 1-hour foot massage which is more like a full body massage with extra attention to your feet. Expect an amazing massage but don’t expect the atmosphere of The Breakers. It’s truly one of the best massages I’ve ever had.
Often referred to as the Rodeo Drive of the East Coast…it’s exactly what you would expect on an island filled with 30+ billionaires.
Load up on colorful, tropical resort wear including Lilly Pulitzer, and don’t miss their giant sale rack in the back. You’ll feel like a Palm Beacher when you walk out of here.
Beautiful outdoor shopping, dining and entertainment neighborhood in West Palm Beach. Get lost in the most beautiful Restoration Hardware, take a cooking class at Sur La Table or pick up a gift at Antrhopologie. Along with shopping, you’ll find plenty of dining and entertainment options including our movie theatre and comedy club.
Take a Walk or Ride a Bike
You’ll find a beautiful walking/biking path along the intracoastal waterway in Downtown West Palm Beach. Head south of downtown for about 2 miles to see our beautiful historic homes. On the Palm Beach side of the intracoastal waterway, follow the Lake Trail to catch a glimpse of the Palm Beach mansions.
Four Arts Botanical and Sculpture Garden
If you’re on the Lake Trail, don’t miss this tranquil oasis filled with tropical flora and fauna. I love picking up sandwiches at Buccan’s Sandwich Shop and packing a picnic here. PS – it’s free!
Norton Museum of Art
If your besties love art, don’t miss one of the largest art museums in the state! Admission is FREE on Fridays and Saturdays, and don’t miss their fabulous restaurant. Let’s just say, it’s not your typical museum cafe.
Catamaran Sunset Cruise
Grab a bottle of wine and watch the sunset as you pass by mega-yachts and palatial mansions. It’s the perfect way to end your day!
Kravis Center for Performing Arts
From Broadway productions to musical performances, check their calendar to see what’s playing when you’re in town.
If your West Palm Beach girl’s weekend is more than a weekend, hop on Brightline for a day trip to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. This is not public transportation, it’s a luxurious high speed train complete with cocktails! Sit back, relax and you’ll be Miami in an hour.
I’m lucky to live where others vacation, and I hope we’ll see you soon in sunny, wonderful West Palm Beach!
Creative cocktails, delicious appetizers and crazy stories of our prohibition past are waiting for you on the West Palm Beach Happy Hour Tour every Thursday, 3:30 – 5:30.