Chocolate Kahlua Cake Recipe – It’s Rich, It’s Decadent, It’s Over-the-Top Chocolaty
My Chocolate Kahlua Cake is sure to satisfy.
It’s over-the-top chocolaty!
Chocolate craving cured!
Kristl’s Chocolate Kahlua Cake Recipe
Cake Ingredients & Instructions
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix (substitute devil’s food cake mix if your store doesn’t carry chocolate fudge)
- 1 small box of instant chocolate fudge pudding mix (substitute chocolate if your store doesn’t carry chocolate fudge)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
- 12 oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease and flour a 10″ bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cake mix, pudding mix and sugar.
- Add sour cream, eggs, oil, Kahlua and coffee. Beat on low until combined.
- Continue to beat on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325º for 1 hour or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes and then prepare glaze.
Glaze Ingredients & Instructions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add water and sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add Kahlua and continue to boil for 1 more minute.
- Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom of the cake while it is still in the pan.
- Pour glaze on the cake while it is still in the pan.
- Let glaze soak into the cake for 5 minutes.
- Invert cake onto your serving plate to cool completely – about 1 hour.
- Prepare frosting.
Frosting Ingredients & Instructions
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate squares
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate squares on high power for 1 minute.
- Stir, add butter and microwave on high for 20 second intervals or until melted.
- Add whipping cream and stir until combined.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla, stir until smooth.
- Now the fancy part…put frosting in a zip-top bag, cut a tiny hole in the corner and squeeze in a swirly pattern all over the cake.
Chocolate craving cured…I promise!