Things to Do in West Palm Beach – Summer in Paradise Top 10 Things to Do List
10 Summer Things To Do in West Palm Beach 2019
Consider this your bucket list!
1. Fairy Tale Playhouses – June 7 through July 26
Don’t miss this whimsical art installation on the waterfront, featuring 15 child-size playhouses depicting different fairy tales. Presented by the City of West Palm Beach and Habitat for Humanity, Fairy Tale Playhouses celebrate the talents of local artists. Expect music, free putt-putt and interactive programming all summer long. A live auction of the Fairy Tale Playhouses will be held on July 26th to benefit local charities.
2. Screen on the Green
The Waterfront transforms into an outdoor theater where guests enjoy family friendly films under the stars. Pick-up a Pizza at Pizza Girls or an ice cream cone at Sloans, and enjoy the show!
- 8:00 p.m. to 11: 00 p.m.
- West Palm Beach Waterfront
- June 8 – Beauty and the Beast (Rated PG)
- July 13 – The Greatest Showman (Rated PG)
- August 10 – The Last Jedi (Rated PG-13)
3. The Palm Beach Post Sunday on the Waterfront
This monthly concert series is a perfect weekend outing and a fantastic way to relax and unwind on a Sunday afternoon.
- 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Meyer Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach Waterfront
- June 17 – U.S Stones -Tribute to The Rolling Stones
- July 15 – The Motowners -Tribute to Motown
- August 19 – Headspace – 90’s Tribute
4. Waterfront Dining
You’ll feel like you’re on vacation when you dine at one of these iconic waterfront restaurants. Kick-it up a notch & go by boat!
- E.R. Bradley’s Saloon – live music, waterfront breezes, frozen drinks and even a hammock! Sounds like a vacation in paradise!
- Guanabanas – An island-themed seafood restaurant on the intercostal in Jupiter complete with a tiki bar and live music.
- U-Tiki – Fresh seafood, breathtaking views of the Jupiter lighthouse, and you can enjoy a Conch Cruise while you wait for your table…how fun is that?
5. Restaurant Deals
Surprise! Summer is not our peak tourist season, so the restaurants beckon the locals with amazing deals.
Avocado Grill – Downtown West Palm Beach
• Mondays: half-priced oysters
• Tuesdays: half-priced wine
Chez L’Epicier – Palm Beach
• Thursdays: mussels and frites night, all-you-can-eat mussels and fries, $25
• Three-course early bird special, 5:00 – 6:00, half-priced entrees
Kitchen – Dixie Dining Corridor, West Palm Beach
• Three-course prix fixe menu including a glass of wine, $40
Meat Market – Palm Beach
• Three-course twilight menu, Monday through Friday, 5:00 – 6:30, $39
• Signature Steak Sunday – signature steaks half-price
PB Catch – Palm Beach
• Buy one entree, get one free, any day before 6:30
Table 26 – Dixie Dining Corridor, West Palm Beach
• Summer Tastes Special – 50% off entrees every night, 4:30 – 6:00
Flavor Palm Beach
• September 1st though 30th
• 50+ restaurants offer prix fixe menus for lunch or dinner
6. Eat a Mango
Summertime is mango season! If you’re not lucky enough to have a mango tree or a neighbor with a mango tree, visit Tropical Acres Farms (near the Palm Beach Zoo) where they grow over 260 varieties of mangos! Don’t settle for a mango that’s been imported from the Caribbean or Latin America when we’re growing them right here in Palm Beach County…eat fresh, eat local.
7. Peanut Island
Pack a picnic, bring your snorkeling gear and head to Peanut Island! Accessible only by boat or the Peanut Island Water Taxi…locals love Peanut Island, and you’ll feel like you’ve escaped to the Bahamas for the day.
8. Get Wet!
This is summer in paradise, and it’s the perfect time to get out on the water. The West Palm Beach Waterfront Visitor’s Center rents kayaks, paddle boards and jet skis. If you prefer to stay dry, try their Catamaran Sunset Sailing Cruise with fabulous views of Palm Beach. Save $5 with discount code: FoodTour
9. Go to the Beach!
The water is clear, blue and beautiful. Do you need another reason to go to the beach?
10. Take a West Palm Beach Food Tour
If you’re looking for something different to do, try a West Palm Beach Food Tour. It’s the ultimate dining experience with food and drink tastings from the best local restaurants. Get off the beaten path, explore hidden tropical courtyards, meet local chefs and try delicious foods. Two tours to choose from, the Downtown West Palm Beach Food Tour or the Historic West Palm Beach Neighborhood Food Tour. Tours run Tuesdays through Saturdays from 11 – 2 and Wednesdays 2:45 – 5:45. One more reason to take a West Palm Beach Food Tour in the summer…save 20% on a West Palm Beach Food Tour with discount code: summer. PS – West Palm Beach Food Tours was recently named by Trip Advisor as one of the “Top 10 Tour Experiences in the United States.”
How many of these summertime things to do in West Palm Beach will you enjoy?
Come October, our snowbirds will start arriving, the restaurant deals will be gone and some of us will proclaim the water too cold to swim.