So, you want to take a Palm Beach Tour? Maybe catch a glimpse of the rich and famous lifestyle or gawk at the fabulous mansions?
Our self-guided Palm Beach Driving Tour will show-off the best of Palm Beach. The tour begins in Downtown West Palm Beach and makes a loop. If you don’t stop, expect to spend about 20 minutes, but why rush? Get out and admire The Breakers, do a little shopping (or maybe window-shopping) on Worth Avenue and dip your feet in our beautiful blue water.
Palm Beach Tour
- Take Okeechobee east over the Royal Park Bridge.
- Left on S. County Road (2nd light after the bridge)
- Right at the 2nd light into The Breakers Resort
- The Breakers is Henry Flagler’s iconic 5-star resort that he built for northerners to escape the cold. The first two versions of The Breakers were destroyed by fire, and the current building is a historic building that was completed in 1925.
- Upon entering The Breakers, let the guard at the gate know that you are there to eat or shop and tell them you would like to self-park. Otherwise, you’ll be directed to the $30 valet parking. Of course, if you do intend to grab a bite to eat or do a little shopping…they will validate your parking.
- When leaving The Breakers, turn left on S. County Road.
- Left on Royal Palm Way (This is the same road you came over to Palm Beach on, it just has a different name on the island.)
- Royal Palm Way will dead-end into S. Ocean Blvd., turn right on S. Ocean Blvd.
- If you want to walk along the beach or dip your toes in our beautiful blue water, find a parking meter along S. Ocean Blvd. and enjoy!
- Go about 5 blocks and turn right on Worth Avenue.
- Worth Avenue is often referred to as the Rodeo Drive of the East Coast and is one of the reasons our area is consistently ranked among the best shopping destinations in the United States. This is a great place to take a shopping break or do a little people-watching. If you love fancy cars, there’s no shortage of them on Worth Avenue.
- Worth Avenue will dead-end and turn right onto S. Lake Drive.
- Make a quick right onto Peruvian Ave.
- Follow Peruvian Avenue until it dead-ends into S. Ocean Blvd.
- Turn right on S. Ocean Blvd.
- Follow S. Ocean Blvd. along the ocean for about 2 miles. When the road starts veering away from the ocean, look to your right… the large estate you see is Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago.
- Continue over the Southern Bridge to return to West Palm Beach.
- At the base of the bridge, turn right onto Flagler Drive and follow Flagler/Washington along the water to return to Downtown West Palm Beach.
- Now that you’re back in Downtown, it’s time to discover delicious West Palm Beach on a food tour! You’ll sip, sample and savor the flavor of West Palm Beach with 12 generous tastings from 6 of the best local restaurants. Of course, we’ll sprinkle in a little history, architecture and culture to round out your perfect afternoon in sunny Florida. The Downtown West Palm Beach Food Tour is available Wednesdays through Saturdays from 11:00 – 2:00.
- Note: If you’d like to explore Antique Row and the boutique shops and delicious restaurants along South Dixie, DO NOT turn on Flagler Drive. Instead, after crossing the bridge, continue straight on Southern Blvd., and turn right on S. Dixie Highway. When you’re finished shopping, S. Dixie Highway will take you back to Downtown West Palm Beach.
Fun Facts About Palm Beach
- Palm Beach is the richest zip code in the United States.
- Years ago, the Kennedy’s had an estate on Palm Beach known as the Winter White House.
- Today, Palm Beach is home to Donald Trump, Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern, Dr. Oz, Rod Stewart, James Paterson and Vera Wang…just to name a few!
- The Lake Trail is a wonderful walking / biking path that runs 4 miles north along the intercostal waterway beginning at the base of the Royal Park Bridge.
- Whitehall, Henry Flagler’s 100,000 square foot winter home, is open to the public as the Flagler Museum.
Enjoy your visit to Palm Beach!