The Cuban Sandwich (a.k.a. The Cubano) is a staple in South Florida. Try this fun slider-style twist on the traditional Cuban Sandwich which makes it perfect to serve at a party.
Cuban Sandwich Slider Recipe
recipe adapted from Southern Living
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1, 12-oz package of King’s Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 4 oz. deli ham, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. deli roasted pork, thinly sliced
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 3 tablespoons mustard
1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. Spread olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven to heat.
3. Remove rolls from the package and do not separate. Slice in half horizontally so you have 1 big top and 1 big bottom.
4. Spread the mustard on the bottom.
4. Next, layer the ham, pork, Swiss cheese and chopped pickles.
5. Add the top of the rolls to create a giant sandwich.
6. Remove the hot pan from the oven and carefully place the sandwich in the pan. Place a cast iron skillet on top of the sandwich. This will result in a crispy, pressed sandwich.
7. Bake at 400º for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
8. Cut into 12 sliders and serve.
In Downtown West Palm Beach, you can enjoy a fun twist on the classic Cuban sandwich. The Blind Monk serves a very sophisticated version – the Cubano Curado made with the very best cured meats and an award-winning cheese.
Join us on a West Palm Beach Food Tour and experience the tastes of South Florida!