Imagine relaxing on a beach with crystal-clear blue water and palm trees blowing in the breeze. Now kick that experience up a notch because you’re sipping a refreshing Prosecco Mojito. It’s a bubbly concoction exploding with the fresh tropical flavors of lime and mint. Taste paradise when you make this Prosecco Mojito Recipe ! A Mojito is a traditional Cuban cocktail that’s popular in South Florida, and The Blind Monk serves a refreshing variation using a sparkling prosecco wine rather than the traditional rum.
Some of my best vacation memories are food memories. Whenever I see a macaron, I relive my experience at a quaint and colorful little bakery in Paris where I learned how macarons are made. A delicious slice of New York style pizza reminds me of John’s Pizza in Manhattan complete with those red and white checkered tablecloths. Just as macarons bring back memories of my vacation to Paris, and Pizza brings back memories of New York…I hope this delicious Prosecco Mojito Recipe from The Blind Monk will bring back vacation memories for West Palm Beach Food Tour guests. We always kick-off our West Palm Beach Food Tour with a Prosecco Mojito at The Blind Monk, and it’s the perfect start to our day! Cheers!
Prosecco Mojito Recipe
Step 1: Create the Mojito Mix
- Make a simple syrup by pouring equal amounts of sugar and water in a saucepan. Start with 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar which will equal about 1 1/2 cups of simple syrup. If you’re only planning to make a couple of Prosecco Mojitos, make less.
- Stir the ingredients together over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, and the mixture is clear.
- Infuse the simple syrup with mint leaves for 12 hours. To infuse, simply means adding fresh mint leaves to the hot simple syrup mixture.
- Remove mint leaves from the mix (they won’t look very pretty).
- At this point, you may refrigerate the simple syrup for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Add fresh squeezed lime juice (to taste – the amount of lime largely depends on how juicy the limes are) and refrigerate. Once the lime juice has been added to the simple syrup, the Mojito Mix is complete and should be used within 3 days.
Step 2: Make the Drink
- Tear 2 mint leaves and squeeze one lime wedge into empty glass
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of the Mojito Mix
- Next, add 5 ounces of sparkling Prosecco Wine. Note: The Blind Monk uses Le Colture Prosecco
- Add ice, imagine you’re in the tropical paradise of West Palm Beach, Florida and enjoy!
Next time you’re on vacation, don’t bring back another t-shirt or coffee mug. Instead, take a food tour and bring back a recipe that will help you relive your vacation experience with every refreshing sip or every delicious bite.
More delicious West Palm Beach Food Tour recipes are just a click away!