My Chocolate Kahlua Cake is sure to satisfy.
It’s over-the-top chocolaty!
Chocolate craving cured!
Kristl’s Chocolate Kahlua Cake Recipe
Cake Ingredients & Instructions
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix (substitute devil’s food cake mix if your store doesn’t carry chocolate fudge)
- 1 small box of instant chocolate fudge pudding mix (substitute chocolate if your store doesn’t carry chocolate fudge)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
- 12 oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease and flour a 10″ bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cake mix, pudding mix and sugar.
- Add sour cream, eggs, oil, Kahlua and coffee. Beat on low until combined.
- Continue to beat on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325º for 1 hour or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes and then prepare glaze.
Glaze Ingredients & Instructions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add water and sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add Kahlua and continue to boil for 1 more minute.
- Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom of the cake while it is still in the pan.
- Pour glaze on the cake while it is still in the pan.
- Let glaze soak into the cake for 5 minutes.
- Invert cake onto your serving plate to cool completely – about 1 hour.
- Prepare frosting.
Frosting Ingredients & Instructions
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate squares
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate squares on high power for 1 minute.
- Stir, add butter and microwave on high for 20 second intervals or until melted.
- Add whipping cream and stir until combined.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla, stir until smooth.
- Now the fancy part…put frosting in a zip-top bag, cut a tiny hole in the corner and squeeze in a swirly pattern all over the cake.
Chocolate craving cured…I promise!
We eat, walk, talk, live, love West Palm Beach, and we can't wait to share it with you.
The best way to experience a city is through food because food tells the story of a neighborhood’s people, history and culture.